Tuesday, September 18, 2007

SELECTIVE HEARING IS A REAL DISEASE!

How many of you have family members that suffer from selective hearing? I am sad to report that my whole family suffers from this dreadful disease. I have put a call into the AMA in hopes that doctors around the world can come up a miracle cure for this epidemic that is sweeping across the world.

My head is splitting; as I write this, of course banging my head against the wall isn’t helping it much. If you are not sure if your family suffers from this disease let me give you some signs to watch out for:

Telling your kids to pick up their room only to have them tell you 5 minutes after when you remind them that they didn’t hear you.

Asking your husband to fix a leaking faucet then when you ask him an hour later if he has started he gives you the “I have no clue what you are talking about” look.

Telling your kids not to forget their homework and then you get a call from them at school asking you to bring them their homework because they forgot.

These are just a few examples of the selective hearing disease. Remember a sure fire way of telling if your family suffers from this is if they always respond to you with an “I forgot” answer. I have been trying to think of ways to combat this disease since there is no wonder pill to give my family members. Some of the ways I combat the disease is:

When they want dinner, I tell them I forgot all about making dinner because Oprah and Dr. Phil thinks I need to re-evaluate my life.

When my husband wants me to run an errand for him and he asks me later if I took care of it, I tell him “Darn, I meant to, but Food Lion was having double coupon day and I got too excited and forgot!”

When my family asks me if I did their laundry, I tell them that I didn’t do it because Hallmark has decided to make a “Mom free laundry month” and I decided it was a good idea and I was upset because they didn’t get me a card as well.

I hope if your family is suffering from this disease my ideas help you. If you have any ideas please let me know. I believe if we as mothers unite we can stop the spread of this terrible disease and make the world and our families happier and healthier, not to mention help all mothers out there from banging their heads into the wall.
Suzanne

No comments: