Saturday, September 29, 2007

SISTER OF THE HEART

Let me introduce you to my friend Suzie, we may not be blood related sisters but to me she is the big sister I never had. I met her at the last job I had and she was responsible for getting me into the world of transcription. When we first met we found that we had a lot in common such as, the same name, we both had three kids, had daughters named Ashley, and had been married the same amount of times. These were only a few things we had in common but as our friendship grew we found we had a lot more in common as well. I knew I had met a kindred spirit when I met Suzie.

The more I got to know Suzie, I found the more I relied on her for advice. To me she was a wealth of knowledge on a lot of subjects and I knew if she gave me advice she wouldn’t steer me wrong. She was the driving force in making my life a better one. If it wasn’t for her my husband and I wouldn’t have bought the house we live in now. Suzie was also the one that trained me to be a transcriptionist, which gave me a bigger paycheck. The most important thing she taught me without her even realizing it was the value of life. I feel truly blessed to have a friend like her.

Suzie to me is the epitome of strength. In her life she deals with her husband’s cancer like a true champ. Very proactive in her husband’s care, she is like a sponge researching every available drug out there to help him and questioning his doctors to the point they feel like a CIA agent is interrogating them. Suzie is a Florence Nightingale when it comes to her husband but then again, Suzie is like that with anyone who is sick or in need. Whether you are human or animal and you need help, Suzie would be the first person there to help, no matter what she had going on in her life she would be there for you. That you can count on.

Magnetic magic is how I would describe Suzie’s personality. If you walked into a crowed room I would have no doubt you would spot Suzie first among the crowd. She just has a way about her that could draw the shyest person out of their shell. Suzie is like a hot fire on a cold day inviting you to sit and warm yourself; you just can’t help but be relaxed around her and confide your deepest darkest secrets to her knowing she would never tell anyone or judge you on them. Without a doubt she has the biggest heart of anyone I know.

To you Suzie I just want to thank you for being the big sister I never had. You have taught me so much about compassion and taking the time to listen and love the people in my life. Remember the sign I had hanging in the office that said, “A friend would bail you out of jail but a true friend would be sitting right next to you saying damn that was fun!” That sign reminds me of us, cause I know you would be sitting right next to me. I just hope you know that when things go bad in your life that I am there for you, like you are for me. I would do anything for you and if I could I would give you the world, after all I believe you deserve it for all that you do for everyone.

I look forward to many more years of our friendship together with the “oh my gods, party fouls, and get me a drink. I also look forward to the tears, joys, and the craziness of it all but most of all I look forward to finding out God’s great plan for us. I really believe that is going to be a true adventure, like an ultimate road trip. You are a true golden friend to me and I pity the fool that ever tries to hurt you because in my true fashion I would go mandango on them. As in true fashion of our friendship I will end this with an L & K to you.

No comments: