Friday, October 5, 2007

2008 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

Who is to say who will win the upcoming 2008 election, so far I am not impressed with the selection of candidates to choose from. If I had to pick one right now I guess I would vote for Giuliani, only because he seems like he would be tough on crime and I think he did a great job of running New York. Still though, I am at a lost in some ways as to whom I will vote for.

The democratic candidates just don’t thrill me at all. Hillary to me seems like she only wants to be President to fulfill her own personal agenda for power and could care less what the people think, plus I just find her to be vile. Edwards seems to me like a lost sole that needs directions, and Obama just does not appeal to me. On the republican side, McCain is not strong on illegal immigration, Romney seems like a nice package but not sure if he can follow through on his promises, and Giuliani, well right now he is the only one I would feel comfortable voting for at this time but still on the fence with him.

Maybe I am dreaming here but I want to see the next person elected to have values and mean what they say. Basically a candidate who is going to go to bat for the people and do whatever it takes to make our lives better. One who will lower crime and end terrorist threats on our land. I want someone who is going to make me feel safe when my kids go to school and I know nothing will happen to them. I want better job opportunities for Americans so we don’t have to scrape by living paycheck to paycheck, as well as the jobs staying in the United States and not going to third world countries. Better health care a dream yes but I want it. The end to illegal immigration, if you are not here legally, you are deported. Lower taxes, better environment, and I don’t want to have to decide between gas for the car or food on the table. Out of all the candidates running I don’t think one of them can deliver to me what I want.

I do hope for the future of America that the person elected can and will do a good job for Americans and delivers on their campaign promises but from the lot we have to choose from I have my doubts. If there is such a dream candidate out there I hope they stand up run for President, lord knows we need a politician who is truthful and means what they say, I for one am losing faith with our political system and their values.

No comments: