Wednesday, October 17, 2007

TONE FOR THE DAY

When I woke this morning I felt today was going to be a great day. Today I start my full time job, finally after two months I am working and that feels really good. Somehow though it seems that the way today is starting to turn out it may not be a great day. Kind of makes me want to go back to bed and try to start the day over again. I do try everyday to wake up thinking that every day is going to be a great day because the internal optimist in me won’t let me think otherwise. Damn if only my crystal ball was working I could see what is in store for me, then I would know if today would have been one of those days I shouldn’t get out of bed.

I got up this morning and like I do every morning, I get on the computer (that was my first mistake today). I opened my email and saw an email from one of my friends. Yesterday I had forward to her an email that I received from my power mall showing the latest sales they were offering and one in particular was a side table that I thought was nice and thought she would like it too since it was her kind of furniture. Big mistake! The table came from Plow and Hearth where her daughter had worked and was fired unjustly. My friend basically blasted me for sending that horrid email with Plow and Hearth on it. I was taken aback a bit with her response; I had never intended to be mean and spiteful by sending the email. I just saw a table that I like and thought she would like it to, it was a common table and one I am sure you could get at any type of furniture store. The fact that it came from Plow and Hearth didn’t even dawn on me. Her email response got my crappy mood going this morning.

Then as I do every morning, at 4 o’clock I woke my husband up for work and then took Baz out. At this point I was starting to calm down from being blasted by my friend and felt that the day would turn out to be better after all (wrong again). Once my husband came out to the kitchen and instead of saying good morning, I got instead to tell the kids that if they leave the carport light on again he was going to remove it because if he hadn’t of gotten up at 11 o’clock last night it would have been on all night long. I have no idea why that just ticked me off when he said that because the kids were wrong for leaving the light on (my kids are great for forgetting to do a lot stuff they are suppose to do). I guess it was the email from my friend still burning me up inside that made me ticked off by what my husband said. Maybe I was just wishing for once he wouldn’t wake up grumpy or he would had told me good luck on my job today.

Regardless, I can’t be mad at my husband and sooner or later I will get over being blasted by my friend. I can only hope that what happened this morning would not be a prelude of things to come today because I really don’t need it starting a new job. That internal optimist in me is screaming not to let that happen but sometimes I just want to tell that internal optimist to just shut up and let me wallow in my crappy mood. I do know if I stay in my crappy mood then like dominoes falling everyone that comes in contact with me will be crappy towards me and lord knows I don’t want that. So I will wallow in silence for a bit, get over it and move on, after all maybe later today will be better and that gives me something to hope for.

No comments: