Friday, October 12, 2007

MORGAN'S DRAMA (ACT III)

I didn’t think there would be a need for act III but good ole Morgan didn’t see it that way, I guess. As I said yesterday she did go to school kicking and screaming as only Morgan could. After she left yesterday I had to calm down from all the theatrics she performed in her final attempts to make me change my mind and let her stay home (Let me tell you after she left alcohol and starting a drug habit was starting to look pretty tempting to me). No sooner did I start feeling the calming affects of peace and quite the phone rang shattering all that I did to get my blood pressure down from heart attack state. As you may guess, it was Morgan calling me to let me know she was in the nurse’s office.

In my mind at time she called I could only assume that she was missing limbs and she was bleeding profusely because I had told her that would be the only reason for me to come and get her. Of course you know what happens when you assume, right? Morgan and not the nurse was on the phone to tell me that she was really, really sick and I needed to come and get her because she didn’t think she could make it through the day. You have to understand that the nurse and Morgan are on first name basis and the nurse knows all of Morgan’s tricks only because I had clued her in. Thank god for me the nurse has five kids of her own and knows all too well about kids trying to get out of school so she was on the same page as me, so instead of her calling me, she put Morgan on the phone to plead her case with me. I guess the nurse didn’t want to hear me go off about Morgan and her feeble attempts to get out of jail free issues, lord knows I wouldn’t.

Morgan with her Oscar winning performance of death was very quite after she told me of her impending death if she had to stay in school was waiting for me to say, “Oh my poor dying child, let me drop everything and I will come and get you!” I can only hope she wasn’t holding her breath waiting for me to say that because no doubt she wouldn’t be here today if she was waiting. In my very sarcastic tone I told her that I wasn’t shocked at all with her calling and in fact I knew she was going to call (I am just ticked off I didn’t place a bet because if I did we would have been out of debt and I could retire and never have to work again!). Morgan you would think would have just given up knowing that I was on to her game but being the actress that she is kept right in her sickly, dying character with her weak, trembling voice wanted to know what she should do? (Drum roll please), I told her to go back to class, in my ever so motherly “I love you my dying princess” tone.

If yesterday you heard a loud crashing sound as if the world was coming to an end, don’t worry because it is not. The sound you heard was Morgan’s world crashing all around her. Her only response to me was, “Ok”, in a very dejected tone. I am sure once Morgan got off the phone with me she had to turn to the grim reaper and tell him that the jig was up and she had to go back to class. Later in the day I told my husband of Morgan’s latest attempt of trying to get out of school and by no means was he shocked at all. We both knew how this week with Morgan was going to play out because with her, she is like a cheap novel that has an end with no big surprise to it. We then both decided that Morgan was to be told that if she pulled the dying routine again with us then she was going to be put on restriction.

Yesterday Morgan did make it through the day; in fact she even stayed after school for her math tutoring (how my poor dying child did that is beyond me?). I picked her up at 4:30 yesterday and had decided that was the best time to drop the bomb so to speak about restriction if she pulled the “I’m so sick and dying” routine on us again. After telling her what will happen to her, she went right in to another Oscar winning performance of the classic victim character. Damn she was good I must say, anyone looking into my car would have thought I had a child that was suffering from some sort of epileptic seizures. Her hands were flying about in frenzy as if she was trying to land a 747 plane and spewing, “Oh my god mom” as if she I had just told her the world is ending tomorrow (most likely for Morgan the world was ending). I heard, that I wasn’t fair, I’m really sick, and oh yes, I am dying! I heard it all and then some more, Morgan was not going to go down without a fight but then again I didn’t expect her to. In the end though, I do believe she got the message loud and clear.

Today being Friday, I have a funny feeling that Morgan will do her best to try once again to stay home and play sick. Why you may ask? Well let me tell you! Last night after she had calm down and I am sure was thinking that I had forgot all about that stupid restriction thing, she started coughing and I mean the dying cough (Again one must remember Morgan can do a great dying cough on command, so all you producers that need a kid with a dying cough give me a call!). I have just woken her up and I am anxiously waiting for her next stellar performance of “death becomes me” to begin. The only reason she started the whole coughing fit last night was because in the car on the way home yesterday she had said that it wasn’t fair that I let her brother stay home because he was coughing. What Morgan fails to realize yet once again is that her brother couldn’t utter a word without going into a coughing fit and that he was REALLY sick unlike her. So for Morgan, she figured if she started coughing like pneumonia was setting into her poor sickly body that there was a glimmer of hope that I would buy into her whole sick routine and let her stay home today (again, hope she is not holding her breath!).

Not sure if there will be an act IV tomorrow but with Morgan I bet there will be. Doubt me? Her brother just came to me and told me that Morgan had just ask him if he felt like there was a lump in his throat when it was hurting because that is how she feels now. Oh my goodness does this mean that the grim reaper is not done with my poor dying child? Does this mean I will have her call me again from the school nurse’s office, and does this also mean I should call the hospital and have ICU on stand by just in case the cold hands of death grab my poor daughter’s body yet once again? If I do I will sure let you know about it because as it stands right now Morgan is going to give it her all.

To be continued (I am sure of it).

No comments: