Tuesday, October 23, 2007

NOT ENOUGH TIME IN A WEEKEND

Too bad weekends aren’t longer, there just doesn’t seem to be enough time to get things done in just two days. My list of things to do just keeps getting longer and longer to the point that there will be no way for me to get them all done. Sure makes me wish I could clone myself. Now with my new job working as a transcriptionist for a hospital there is no chance of getting those holidays and long weekends that I used to look forward to because as we all know hospitals don’t close which means I work 52 weeks a year straight.

Every weekend I do my usual, I get up on Saturday to clean and do laundry, which can for the most part take a good chunk of my weekend. Then try as I might I try to get to my craft projects but after a long week of transcribing and then cleaning, who has the energy, lord knows I don’t (again that whole cloning thing is starting to look real good). I wanted to have a yard sale this weekend but last weekend I got sick and couldn’t go through the mountains of stuff to get ready for it, so no yard sale this weekend. I really want to catch up on my scrapbooking (those damn pictures are piling up), because I really miss doing it but laundry keeps screaming at me. While it is fall I would love to go and walk in the mountains and take pictures of the trees (yeah I know, more damn pictures for me to scrap, crazy huh?) but after I get the cleaning done its too late. So what to with not enough time in a weekend to get everything done that I want and need to do?

I propose that weekends be four days long, that way you have two days for doing the stuff you hate and two days to do the stuff you want. Seems very logical to me. I am willing to work longer workdays to have a four-day weekend. If I can’t have that then clone me or get someone to help me out (I can dream can’t I?). Just think, you go to work on Monday then before you know it Tuesday is your middle of the week and then Wednesday becomes your Friday! Man would that make the workweek fly by! Not to mention think about all of the congestion and emissions that would be cut down if the workweek was shorter! Fewer accidents, less people calling in sick, and fewer people getting stressed by a long workweek sure would be a lot nicer.

So call your elected official today and ask them to vote for a four-day weekend for all Americans! They might just do it because really as it is now are government is useless anyway, lets give them something to do!

No comments: