Saturday, October 20, 2007

STOP THE PRESSES!

NEW FLASH! My brother-in-law will be going to Martinsville this weekend to see a Nascar race! I believe this is MAJOR headline news here! Why you asked? Well because he couldn’t give a rat’s a*s about Nascar. I find him going to be oh so humorous. If you asked him about Nascar, he would tell you it is nothing but a bunch of cars going around in circles. HA! Wonder what his opinion will be after he sees the race. To bad I am not going with him because I see a really good scrapbook page on this whole event.

Ok, I know the next question, if he hates Nascar so much, then why is he going? The answer to that is because he got stuck! His ex-wife had planned on taking his sons to the race but something came up and she couldn’t, so now he has to take the kids kicking and screaming all the way down to Martinsville. So if this weekend in the wee hours of Sunday morning you hear a loud an ear-piercing scream that sounds like a hyena in its throes of death, don’t worry it is only my brother-in-law going to the race.

To give you a picture of my brother-in-law, he is one of the most hardheaded people I know (a trait that his mother and I know only to be inbreeded into men of our family). I bet you any amount of money he will go to this race and most likely really enjoy himself but will he admit it, now that is the question. Studies have shown that most hardheaded people will NEVER admit to wrongs, just like my brother-in-law. I could tell him the sky is blue and he will tell me that it is purple and he is right because that is the way he is. It is almost like arguing with a liberal and anyone who has done that will know what I mean (there is just no arguing with them).

So tomorrow he will go (kicking and screaming like I said) and I know deep down he will love it. I at one time thought like he did and became a true believer/fan of Nascar after I went to a race. You just can’t help but get addicted to it once you see it for yourself, there is nothing like going to a race and seeing, smelling, and feeling the excitement of it all. Even if he doesn’t admit to loving it after he goes I do hold out for a bit of hope with his sons. If they (his sons) come back from the whole event loving it then the payback for me will be them wanting to watch Nascar every week and wanting to make dear ole dad take them to another race! I would laugh if that happened. Then my brother-in-law in all of his hardheadness will have Nascar fill every crevice of his being until he admits to liking it (boy, I know that would be a hard cup of Joe for him to swallow).

Gee… I wonder if he is updated on his shots? If he isn’t he just might catch Nascar fever!! Ha Ha!

No comments: