Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I still can’t believe it’s Halloween already, I mean it seems like yesterday it was the fourth of July and before you know it Christmas will be here! My time sure does fly as you get older, remember when you were a kid and time just seem to drag by? I am just amazed at how fast this week has gone by. Sure would be nice if we could slow time down and let everyone have a chance to enjoy life a bit, instead of this hurried pace we all live today. Isn’t it funny how time has a way of speeding by us when we aren’t looking?

I guess, as we get older we lose the magic of what it was to be a kid and enjoy each and every minute of fun and the knowledge of taking the time to enjoy it for what it is. Right at this very minute you have kids that celebrate Halloween anticipating about getting their costumes on and what kind of candy they will get tonight, which to them will make time in itself slow down because of the anticipation of this upcoming holiday. On the other hand, us adults are worrying about if we have enough candy and if we run out will the stores be opened if we need more or will we make it home in time for the treat-or-treaters, thus making time fly by. You know you have to hand it to kids, they really have this whole concept of slowing time down to an art, a lesson us adults could learn from.

If we as adults could just tap into the anticipation that we felt as kids, just think how fun and magical life could be. I myself miss having fun like I did when I was a kid. Too much today my mind is focus on getting the bills paid, work, and what needs to be done instead of what kind of fun can I have today mindset. True, we all can’t neglect the important things in life of the “what needs to be done” but we could all make time to do at least one fun thing everyday. That sure would be a stress reliever if we made the time to do so. Maybe by taking the time to do at least one fun thing and acting like a kid, time just might slow down a bit for all of us. It can’t hurt to try, can it?

No comments: