Wednesday, October 24, 2007

PEOPLE WATCHING

We are all guilty of it but lets admit it, watching people is fun! How many times do you go to the park or mall where a lot of people go and you sit down and watch? People are funny creatures when you get right down to it. I often wonder when I am watching if some people even look in the mirror before they go out of their house. It really baffles me in what people think looks good on them (you know men in Speedos, yuck!). I also love to see how people interact and what they are thinking. Sometimes I wonder if people even really think at all, like I said we are strange creatures.

One of my favorite places to people watch is at concerts, to me it seems concerts really bring out the stupid in people. First off I about die when I see the groupie chicks trying their best to get back stage. They wear clothes that are way too tight and don’t fit right and have more make-up on then a clown all in the hope to get that cherished backstage pass so they can have a chance to be used and abuse by the road crew. I really wonder with these chicks if when they go to concerts if they leave their morals at home (and from the way they are dressed they seem to leave a lot more at home as well). Then you have the guys who either drink way too much or they try to dance and the ones who try to dance are dancing right next to you and you end up looking like you have been battered the next day. Concerts really do seem to bring the worse and sometimes the best out of people, my only wish at concerts is that if you don’t know the words to the song, don’t sing it! Plus for all you groupie chicks out there, if you are a bit on the heavy side don’t wear revealing clothes! I can tell you this for a fact, I have been backstage and one bass player from a major touring band who I had the pleasure of hanging out with and drinking beers one night, him and I had a blast people watching and we both agreed that heavy girls look like jokes when they wear clothes that let it all hang out! (Hey dude, if you are reading this remember, “OUTLAW SPANDEX NOW!”)

The malls of America, what a great place to people watch! There you have the yuppies, the stroller brigade, and the OMG teenage crowd! Hell I could go on with the list of people that go to the malls! The yuppies you can always spot, they are the ones that only wear the conservative clothes, blueberrys attached to them, and only have the most posh shopping bags in their hands, juggling a cup of Starbuck’s joe as they run around the mall like they have so many important things to do and they are out to change the world so get the hell out of there way! Wouldn’t you once like to stick your foot out and trip them? I know I do! Then the stroller brigade, they are the ones that drive minivans, have kids they can’t control, walking slower than dirt and do their best to get in your way, doing all of this while screaming at their kids and looking like they are in need of day at the spa (make that a week at the spa). Believe me when I went to the mall when my kids were young, I did everything I could not to bring them and why these parents want to subject the masses to their screaming kids is beyond me. Do us all a favor stroller brigade leave the kids at home or don’t go to the mall. Then finally we have the OMG teenage crowd, no brainer in spotting that group. They are the ones that are saying OMG, you’re so gay, oh shut up, and I can’t believe Lindsay Lohan is back in rehab! They also have the major tendency to be rude, look at you like you came from another planet, and just love to annoy any adult that comes close to them. Got to love that bunch, I just wish malls would hand out cattle prodders to all adults so that when this group gets in your way you can move them out of your way.

So next time you are out in public and you get a chance take some time, sit down, and watch people. It is fun and educational! I am sure you will get a laugh like me when you see women that wears a stripe shirt with a flower skirt, guys that wear pants that hang off of their butts, and the person that try to dye their hair at home only to have it come out blue. You will have a good laugh and if you are feeling down this can be a real pick me up as well. People, got to love’em!

No comments: