Saturday, October 13, 2007

MORGAN'S DRAMA (ACT IV)

Yesterday it was a fight to get Morgan out of bed but somehow she managed in her weak and dying state to get up and move to the sofa where she collapsed from apparent weakness from her short walk to the sofa. Fear started to rip through my body wondering if my poor daughter was ever going to get better. I had spent most of my week searching the internet looking for what was causing Morgan to be so sick but alas none of her symptoms matched up to a definite illness. My mind started to wondering if I should start making Morgan’s final plans and how would she have wanted her funeral to be, after all she couldn’t tell me she was way too weak to let me know how she wanted. I wiped a tear from my eye as I was trying to hold back the flood of tears in thought of losing my sweet dear Morgan because without her life would be less colorful and have no meaning. What was I going to do?

I tell you what I did; I told her that she was going to school! Morgan of course didn’t answer me at first because, well you know, she had to play “I am more than dead and too weak to answer you right now” game. Somehow she did manage to ask her brother in a low voice so I wouldn’t hear her if he was going to stay home and that it wasn’t fair I was trying to make her go to school because she was really sick. Again Morgan fails to realize that I wasn’t trying to make her go to school, I was TELLING her she had to go to school. Knowing Morgan I had to brace myself for the drama that was going to happen with her, for being that it was Friday she was going to fight me on it until the very end. I was ready, my gloves were on and I was ready for battle. There was no way she was going to stay home.

It was close to 7:00 in the morning and Morgan had to be at the bus stop by 7:30 and she hadn’t even got into the shower yet to get ready. I went in to drill sergeant mode and order her butt in the shower NOW! (Here is where the real drama begins) Morgan must have mustered up some energy because she screamed at the top of her lungs to me, “WHY DO I HAVE TO?” I told her because no one wants a stinky kid sitting next to him or her in school and she better get her butt up now because she was going. Morgan got up and on her way to the shower (I must say storming to the shower and sounding like an enraged elephant stampeding through the bush), she had to let me know of her displeasure that I was making her go to school with words like, “geez, oh my god, and this isn’t fair.”

I am at this point very amazed at the fact that someone so sick could cause such a commotion. Morgan was crying, slamming doors, and throwing things about to let me know of her anger. While she was in the shower I called my husband, Jeff to tell him of the latest drama with Morgan and he said to go ahead and let her stay home but if she did then she would have to stay in her room for a month without her stereo because he was going to take it out or she could go to school, it was her choice. After Morgan’s 15 minute shower, I told her what Jeff had said (next round of drama coming up), where she screamed at me that she never asked to stay home and that she was going to school. She didn’t want to stay home? Then why was I dealing with all of this drama if she didn’t want to stay home? Oh that’s right, dumb me, we are talking Morgan here and a lot of the times there is no rhyme or reason for the things she does or says.

Morgan managed to get ready for the bus on time but not without storming through the house and screaming at anyone or thing that got in her way. She reminded me of the nickname my dad had given her when she was a baby, hurricane Hattie, because she could tear through a house and cause major destruction with getting everything out in her path. I also saw her act like a version of Glenn Close from Fatal Attraction, it was very scary but I was not giving into her wanting to stay home.

Upon Morgan’s arrival home from school it seemed like that whatever illness that had grabbed a hold of her during the week was gone and she acted like everything that happened in the morning never happened! Oh my god she was cured! Praise the lord Morgan was going to have a great weekend and not miss it from being sick! How could a mother be so lucky? Whatever, anyone knowing Morgan knew she would miraculously recover, there was no way that child was going to be sick on a weekend unless she really was sick. So now I am happy to report that Morgan is once again a picture of health and whatever mystery disease she had through this past week is gone. One thing is for sure; I bet the mystery illness may leer its ugly head on Monday yet once again to deprive Morgan of some valued education. If I had to give this illness a name I would call it Noschoolitis.

No comments: