Thursday, October 11, 2007

MORGAN'S DRAMA (ACT II)

Praise the lord my Morgan made it through yesterday. I was close to the time with her coming around from near death, instead of 11:00 she started to come back to life around 10:00. It was the phone call I received from Ma Fidd checking to see if Morgan was still with us or not that brought Morgan around. Once she overheard the word flu in our conversation she snapped back to life. It seems Morgan thought that is what she had was the flu since she heard on the news that October was flu month but what she failed to realize is that October is when you should get the flu shot not get sick with the flu. Here my little drama queen thought that everyone got sick with the flu this month. Once I explained it to her she made a speedy recovery, thank God!

In fact not only did she make a speedy recovery but also once I told her I had to go to the store she became the poster child for 100% healthy! Amazing how shopping can bring her back from near death, to say I am shock is to put it mildly. I believe I will have to call AMA and let them know of this new cure. Yesterday she was near death, couldn’t eat, and I believe she was seeing the bright light as well, to feeling wonderful, very hungry, and full of energy by noon time. How could a mother be so blessed? I did take her shopping with me because I knew full well if I left her at home then she would have had a field day on the computer and doing whatever else she pleased. When we got back from the store she had lunch and didn’t even leave a crumb, to me this was astounding since just a mere few hours before she couldn’t keep anything down.

Now that is was the afternoon I knew it wouldn’t be long for Morgan to ask if she could go onto the computer, that itch to get on myspace was about killing her at this time. She knew I had banned her from the computer since she was so sick but that didn’t stop her. Morgan then decided to get back on my good side that she better do some chores, so little miss sickly vacuum the living room and gave our dog, Baz a bath as well as walk him for me. Oh yes Cinderella was trying so hard to prove to me that she was such a good girl and she deserved to get onto the computer. Well it didn’t work and talk about the fit she threw and how unfair I was because she did all those chores for me. Funny how the little manipulator didn’t realize I was mad at her for playing sick just to miss school and this was also after I told her I was mad at her for that.

Now lets fast-forward to last night. Morgan knew that she had to go to school the next day because I told her unless she was bleeding profusely and had limbs falling off of her she was going to school. Do you think she would give up, not my Morgan, oh no! Right before bedtime she started with the prelude for today, she was getting all stuff up and couldn’t breathe. I told her to take cold medicine and go to bed. This morning I am at the computer and she woke up around 3:15 this morning with a headache and she also told me that she didn’t feel good at all because she didn’t get one bit of sleep last night (funny, when I passed by her room this morning she was snoring so loud she could have woke the dead). I then again told her to take some more cold medicine and go back to bed because she was going to school regardless how much sleep she got last night.

For drama purposes Morgan did take the cold medicine but instead of going to bed she went to lay down on the sofa so I could again bear witness to how sick she was. Ten minutes had passed then she got up and went to the bathroom and was in there for about five minutes. Once out of the bathroom (I must say this was all so shocking to me), she came to me to let me know that she had thrown up. Oh no I thought to myself, my daughter is falling back into the grasp of the grim reaper! I may loose my precious dear Morgan to some ghastly-unknown disease yet again (Whatever)! I came to my senses and told her she better purge it all out because she was going to school! After all she wasn’t bleeding profusely and all of her limbs were attached so she didn’t meet my criteria for staying home. Upon that being said Morgan seem to come back to life because she knew she wasn’t going to win this battle.

Morgan’s brother on the other hand is a different story, when he says he is sick, he is sick. He will go to school no matter how he feels because he doesn’t want to get behind in his classes. He did go to school yesterday but came home feeling and looking awful. His strep throat has cleared up but now a bad cold has set in and he couldn’t stop coughing. I had decided last night to let him stay home today and get as much sleep as he can so he can start feeling better. Once Morgan realized that her brother was staying home today she tried one more time pleading to me that it wasn’t fair that I was letting him stay home and making her go to school. I will give Morgan credit she will not give up. She will beat a dead horse into the ground until you can’t tell what kind of animal it was when she is all done. This morning all the way up until it was time for her to go to the bus stop she was beating that dead horse to a pulp.

Morgan is now at school but I bet you any amount of money I will be getting a call sometime today from the school nurse letting me know that Morgan has thrown up or Morgan will come up with some new disease and needs to come home. I am sure of this and I am sure at this very moment the wheels in Morgan’s brain are working overtime to figure out how she can finagle the school nurse or me to obtain her goal in coming home. Today being Thursday I know Morgan would love to make a long weekend out of this and she is going to give it her all to do this. But with me being the mean mommy that I am, Morgan is going to stay in school and if the school nurse calls me, I will let her know what I told Morgan about bleeding and no limbs because that is the only way I am going to go and get her.

No comments: